- Federal Government opportunity in Wollongong and Charlestown
- 12-month contract
- $42.54 per hour + super
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Being a contact for providers whilst supporting provider market and NDIS provider process.
- Engaging providers to ensure optimal satisfaction is experienced at each interaction.
- Assisting the team to manage risks associated with stakeholder relationships through a proactive approach.
- Supporting the development and promotion of resources that enable sector development and improve the understanding of the provider environment and experience.
- Providing general input into ministerial and parliamentary correspondence, reports and briefs.
- Undertaking project management and delivery of provider engagement approaches.
- Experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Strong customer service and communication skills along with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- Experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
- It is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding of or lived experience in the field of disability.
- Experience dealing with complex and confronting situations and information would be desirable.
In order to be considered applicants are required to hold an Australian Citizenship.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit an updated copy of your resume in MS Word format by hitting APPLY NOW or call Amy on (02) 9200 3671 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.