- Sydney CBD Location
- Contract until September 2023 with possibility of extension
- $58-$65 per hour + Super
Reporting to the Directo, the Project Officer is accountable under limited direction to perform, coordinate and assist in a range of moderately complex to complex project support activities, program and project management, with the opportunity for reasonable autonomy and accountability
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide expertise and technical knowledge in specialist area across a range of programs or activities for the agency.
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with legislative, financial and administrative frameworks, government decision-making processes and agency guidelines and regulations.
- Set priorities for the work area, maintain team cohesion, and ensure quality of outputs for the work area.
- Propose and facilitate innovation initiatives and contribute to business improvement strategies and to change in workplace practices.
- Ensure quality outputs for a team including the development of specialist, professional and/or technical expertise conducting regular quality assurance of work area processes and manage identified risks.
- Monitor work area performance with an in-depth understanding of relevant legislative and policy frameworks.
- Make decisions, with direction from more senior staff, on tasks/assignments with considerable complexity and sensitivity.
- Perform research and analysis to make decisions that involve complex or escalated issues, longer-term planning and liaison with other sections on policy, project or operational issues
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Project Officer within a large organisation
- Proven experience in using MS Office Suite, including Project, Visio, Microsoft Teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage with numerous stakeholders via several means, e.g. workshop facilitation
- Proven Responsibility in coordinating meetings, agenda and minute preparation, and follow up on outstanding actions.
- Project Administration experince is highly desirable.
To be eligible it is essential that applicants hold Australian Citizenship.
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW or call Karen on 02 9200 3677 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.