- Multiple Federal Government opportunities in Newcastle, Charlestown, Liverpool, Penrith, Surry Hills
- 12-month contract
- $58.50 per hour + super
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Providing accurate and specialised advice, ensuring knowledge of and compliance with relevant legislation and policy frameworks across multiple portfolios.
- Assessing and maintaining quality processes and documentation relating to service delivery and utilising change and risk management principles to ensure impacts are communicated to relevant parties.
- Coordinating and analysing data and written information for the purposes of drafting branch level communications and/or high level internal and external communications.
- Collecting and auditing workforce planning and capacity data, reporting on staff lifecycle and confirming against financial, systems and people performance data.
- Exceptional Communication skills and Stakeholder Management skills.
- Team Leader experience, capability to lead a team to achieve high level targets.
- Relevant experience within Health Sector and/ or working with People with Disability.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
In order to be considered applicants are required to hold an Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit an updated copy of your resume in MS Word format by hitting APPLY NOW or call Amy on (02) 9200 3671 or Nicole on 0400 666 053 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.