- Federal Government opportunity in Surry Hills NSW
- 12 Month Federal Government Contract
- APS6 - $58.50 per hour + super
EL1 - $585.00 per day + super
Within the Financial Control Branch of our Federal Government Client you manage the maintenance and development of finance systems, analysing financial performance, and providing financial advice to support decision making and ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
Your Responsibilities as an APS6 level are, but not limited to:
- Analysing and interpreting statistical reports to assist with the development of work plans and strategic planning.
- Coordinating and providing cost estimates for all internal and external requests for changes to systems.
- Developing correspondence for stakeholders, such as financial reports, corporate documentation and responses to ministerial submissions.
- Managing quality assurance activities and outcomes including the use of integrity and error reporting and the coordination of quality audits.
- Preparing a range of written material including business cases, reports and corporate documentation.
- Undertaking detailed financial analysis of branch/division’s variance to budget and forecast.
- Undertaking financial administration and across the division’s cost centres and projects, including budgets, monitoring, forecasting and accruals
- Providing technical accounting advice and briefing to the Agency by navigating the Australian Accounting Standards and applicable government financial reporting rules and frameworks.
- Reviewing and managing components of the clients trial balance using Systems Applications and Products software (SAP), providing monthly and annual reporting in Central Budget Management System (CBMS) to the Department of Finance.
- Taking a lead role in the preparation of the clients financial statements and liaising with the Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) in relation to audit matters.
- Delivering various month end financial reporting and analysis.
- Partnering with other teams both within and external to the branch to provide technical and general accounting and finance advice.
- Relevant academic qualifications with membership of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) or other equivalent professional finance bodies (or holding equivalent finance related post graduate qualifications);
- Extensive direct finance experience performing and delivering complex financial and governance outcomes.
- Experience working in a similar role within a Federal organisation
- Advanced communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven experience managing Internal and External of stakeholder relationships
- Proven experience working with legislation, policies, procedures and precedents where Interpretation is required to establish the way in which procedures and policies should be applied with the role operating with considerable independence
- Extensive knowledge of statutory, regulatory and policy frameworks relevant to a field of work, discipline or functional area in order to provide comprehensive and authoritative advice on specialist and very complex issues
As this role sits within the Federal Government applicants must hold Australian Citizenship.
If this sounds like the role for you please submit your updated resume by hitting APPLY NOW or contact Ankita on (02) 9200 3683 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.