- Federal Government opportunity in Sydney CBD
- Contract until August 2023 with possibility of extension
- $53 per hour + super (negotiable)
The APS5 ICT Service Portfolio Support Officer will have a key role in setting up the section, assisting with designing, developing and building the Service Portfolio, catalogues, frameworks, and documentation.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Managing the Service Portfolio content repository and ensuring it contains current information that aligns with existing processes and procedures.
- Maintaining the Service Portfolio, catalogues, framework, and documentation.
- Ensuring new services run through a set of standardised activities and procedures to ensure information is documented and provided to the relevant management processes.
- Ensuring services are within agreed SLAs, fulfilling business offerings as well as ensuring the compliance of SAM policies, procedures and processes.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in ICT Service Portfolio or Software Asset Management or equivalent.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to meeting agreed work targets and standards and with a high attention to detail.
- Proven strong relationship and stakeholder engagement skills, particularly with ICT technical staff and a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a clear and confident manner.
- Highly desirable that applicants have an understanding or lived experience of disability.
As this role sits within the Federal Government applicants must hold Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
If this sounds like the role for you please submit your updated resume by hitting APPLY NOW or contact Karen on 0418 232 886 for more information
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.