- Federal Government Opportunity in Surry Hills
- 12-month contract with the possibility of extension
- $53.63 - $58.50 per hour + Super
The Communications Officer will work as part of a team that supports the development and delivery of communication content and activities across various communication channels. This role will have a strong focus on building relationships with stakeholders to facilitate information gathering and sharing.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and production of communications materials, in consultation with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and implement communication activities to ensure employees have access to information delivered across a variety of channels.
- Ensure all communication materials are accessible and align with style and brand guidelines.
- Produce content for use across a variety of internal and external channels including newsletters, website and talking points for staff and partners, and assist in the delivery of content.
- Manage correspondence through team inboxes, including actioning requests or triaging requests to relevant team members for action.
- Provide strategic communication advice to internal stakeholders to support the Agency’s corporate plan.
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Administration or a related area
- Proven experience in policy development or program management is desirable
- Ability to plan and reprioritise based on current departmental urgencies
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Acute awareness of the longer term strategic, political, and operational outcome
- Ability to work within an ever-changing environment
- Strong planning, program and project management, and policy development
In order to be considered applicants are required to hold an Australian Citizenship.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit an updated copy of your resume in MS Word format by hitting APPLY NOW or call Ankita on (02) 9200 3683 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.