- $58-65 per hour + super
- Sydney CBD Location
- 12 Months contract with possibility of extension
Reporting to the Senior Strategy and Data Analyst, the policy and project support officer will support the implementation of the client’s safety expectations.
The responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Support stakeholder engagement with tech companies, civil society organisations, and
- Contribute to the planning of processes and strategies to improve user safety online through the Basic Online Safety Expectations
- Support analytical work to understand the impact of online services’ safety interventions, and compliance with the Basic Online Safety Expectations
- Provide advice and guidance on relevant global developments and online safety transparency initiatives
- Experience in working with government and industry on tech policy issues would be beneficial.
- Experience working on IT projects
- An ability to translate complex data/concepts into written work
- Proven ability to apply professional knowledge and provide specialist advice in relation to issues of risk and reputation management relating to media relations and public affairs
- Strong ability to gather and investigate information from a variety of sources while exploring new ideas, different viewpoints and identifying critical gaps to ensure that communications materials are on-point and are constructed with a strategic lens
- Excellent research and analytical skills with proven experience in handling confidential and sensitive issues
- Proven track record in the preparation of speeches, talking points and scripts for an agency head or equivalent senior executive which are informative, thought-provoking and engaging
- Exceptional written communication skills including demonstrated ability to produce and edit a range of complex materials for print, online and in person audiences
- Media relations experience including preparing reactive media statements.
To be eligible candidates will undergo a police background check prior to commencement.
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW or call Karen on 02 9200 3677 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.