- Federal government opportunity in Sydney CBD
- Contract until June 2023
- $600 - $900 per day + Super
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide expert advice on complex data ingestion problem solving and issues management.
- Recommend strategic directions for area of responsibility and consider wider agency implications when making decisions.
- Consider and effectively manage competing priorities and strategic directions in line with agency goals and objectives.
- Partner with IT specialists, Data Engineers, Data analysts and business teams to build foundational data sets, end user analysis and visualisations that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy, and enable self-service.
- Deliver tangible analytical assets, utilising appropriate advanced analytical techniques and productionise these into the modelling pipeline.
- Support reporting requirements by analysing, extracting, and publishing information on anomalies, insights, and trends.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes, and facilitate cooperation.
- Relevant skills and experience in the government or health sector.
- Relevant Qualifications or Education
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages E.g., Python and SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
To be eligible it is essential that applicants hold Australian Citizenship and a current or ability to obtain a Baseline Clearance.
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW or call Karen on 02 9200 3677 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.