- Federal Government opportunity in Sydney CBD
- 12-month contract with possibility of extension
- $68 - $85 per hour + super depending on experience
The Senior Communications Advisor will play a critical leadership role in the identification, development and implementation of communications strategies across a range of initiatives within the Diverse Communities Team.
The primary focus of this role will be to assist with an initiative that provides resources, training and support to assist older Australians to engage safely online through a range of tools including online learning, free presentations, podcasts, blogs and face-to-face intergenerational learning.
This position will work collaboratively with team members within the Diverse Communities team and Digital Content teams to lead on a range of communications activities to raise awareness of and participation in these programs.
The position also works closely with the Media and Communications and Marketing, Events and Strategic Partnerships teams, leading delivery of communications plans and acting as a key liaison point for the development and distribution of social media and marketing materials.
- Tertiary qualification in communications and media is essential.
- Experience in the development of strategic communications approaches to support the needs of diverse individuals and communities.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in print and online media, including social media, and the ability to provide quick, thorough quality control of material for publication or promotion.
- Demonstrated ability to develop media materials that communicate key messages clearly and concisely (including media releases, talking points, backgrounders) and place media stories in Australian media outlets.
- Experience in managing communications projects in a government environment, including the ability to bring multiple projects in on time and within budget.
To be eligible it is essential that applicants hold Australian/New Zeland Citizenship or Permant Residency and will undergo a police background check prior to commencement.
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW or call Karen on 02 9200 3677 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.