- Senior Network Security Specialist – URGENT
- Initial 12 Month Contract with the possibility of extension
- From $590 per day (negotibable depending on experience)
Your responsibilities are but not included to:
- Determining company needs with regards to the relocation, coordinating the development and maintenance of network infrastructures and ensuring stable and secure server connectivity.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure deadlines and milestones are met.
- Work in a team environment with network SME’s who will provide support to the project.
- Monitoring server capacity and performance to keep up with demand in online traffic.
- Running diagnostic tests and performing repairs, as well as developing backup, archiving, and data retrieval procedures.
- Enhancing network security, as well as documenting network processes and cabling layouts.
- Keeping informed of developments in network technologies and infrastructure and training junior IT staff, preparing user manuals, and providing remote or onsite technical support.
- Some third level support may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar with two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Leadership skills an Architectural design involving networks is mandatory for this role.
- Certified CompTIA, Microsoft, or Cisco network professional (CCNP) preferred. CCIE desirable but not mandatory
- Extensive knowledge of network design, connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration skills, time management and organisational skills.
- Willingness to visit client locations all based in Sydney
- Availability to perform network repairs if required which may require some outside business hours commitments.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.