- Hybrid opportunity in Barangaroo, Sydney
- 12-month contract with possibility of extension
- $450 per day + super
The Tax Accountant is responsible for supporting the maintenance, enhancement and production of financial information for use by business units and reporting requirements for Pacific group companies with a primary focus on tax accounting activities.
The position is also responsible for working closely with other accounting staff and producing periodic financial information, as well as other ad hoc requirements across all operating companies within the Pacific region.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Management and preparation of local income tax and indirect tax returns in accordance with local tax regulations within the Pacific including GST, FBT, Stamp Duty and income tax returns.
- Management and preparation of local duties, levies and insurance taxes returns in accordance with local tax regulations.
- Management and preparation of tax calculations, schedules and packages as required by US GAAP.
- Management and preparation of FBT returns for Australian and NZ entities
- Completion of transfer pricing calculations and documentation for Australia and New Zealand including Australian local file and CbCR.
- Provision of tax services internally related to income tax and international transfer pricing arrangements.
- Production of monthly, quarterly and annual management financial information.
- Assist in liaising with external auditor to ensure annual audit requirements are met.
- Assist with the implementation of new systems, business process improvements and automation initiatives.
- Provide accounting support to ensure robust internal controls framework on key revenue cycles for Investments including implementation of enhancements in internal control environment.
- Manage internal control procedures and documentation for all tax related processes and controls.
You will Have:
- Degree in Commerce or Accounting or equivalent CA / CPA partially qualified/ qualified
- 3+ years Accounting experience
- Experience with Oracle Financial system, OneSource Tax, Hyperion
- Experience in tax accounting, reporting and general understanding of financial accounting
- Strong ability to understand accounting reconciliations and utilise accounting/tax systems
- Experience working with auditors, tax advisers, and internal Stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills including ability to analyse and interpret data
- Experience with a Big 4 or mid-tier professional services firm preferred, but not essential
- Broad knowledge of accounting/tax related concepts preferably from the financial services industry
- Ideally, some knowledge of Australian and New Zealand direct and indirect taxes
- Ideally, knowledge in US GAAP and IFRS reporting
- Knowledge of Transfer Pricing and US taxes ideal, but not essential
To be eligible it is essential that applicants hold Working Rights within Australia as a Permanent Resident or Citizen and will undergo a Criminal Record check prior to commencement.
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW or call Karen on 02 9200 3677 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.