How to write an effective resume
An effective resume will assist Consultants in navigating through your information efficiently in order to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process. It is critical that you present your information in a format that will promote the benefit of your experience, your potential and strengths.
Here are 10 tips that will help you create an effective resume:
1. Create a succinct picture of yourself and your employment history.
2. Place your work history and educational details in reverse chronological order by starting with the most recent. Include memberships of clubs or organisations.
3. Use bullet points.
4. Minimise the use of pronouns such as ‘I’ and ‘we’.
5. Apply an easy-to-follow format with clear headings.
6. Write in plain English. Do not use jargon.
7. Highlight personal achievements where possible and be specific.
8. Briefly summarise your duties and responsibilities.
9. Do not exaggerate. If you are shortlisted to the interview stage you will be required to back up what you have presented in your resume.
10. If referee details are not readily available indicate they will be provided upon request.