- Federal Government opportunity in Surry Hills
- 12-month contract
- $900 - $1,100 a day + super
Using data from a variety of sources the Developer will be responsible for extracting and manipulating data to prepare it to be visualised using commercial data transformation and visualisation tools. The developer will be required to learn about the business’ processes and needs, in order to translate these into data tables used in reports that enhance the business’ day to day operations.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Development and delivery of high quality reporting products in consultation with the Business areas to ensure products meet user stories & acceptance criteria.
- Convert raw data into comprehensible visualisations to enable insights driven business actions.
- Manage assigned reporting projects including participating in stand ups and other agile ceremonies, managing workflow, providing technical support and input as required.
- Develop reports according to Style guides, User Experience and Accessibility Standards of the Platforms team and Coding and Technical Standards.
- Ensure all report products are well tested and documented, and releases contain appropriate change notes and documentation.
- Ensure code written for projects is extensible and reusable in other parts of the project and other projects.
- Have a good understanding of version control workflows and oversee release management across projects.
- Expert level SQL and/or SAS Skills with a minimum of 5 or more years in Business Intelligence/ Data arena. Certifications in SAS or SQL development will be well regarded.
- Experience in working with raw data, drawing compelling and actionable insights via visualisations. Experience in SAS Viya, Tableau, Qlikview or similar will be well regarded. Certifications in any of the aforementioned visualisation tools will be well regarded.
- Experience with testing and validating data, designing products with accessibility and user experience in mind.
- Demonstrable knowledge of CI/CD Practices, Project tracking software (Ex- JIRA) and version control (GIT, Bitbucket).
- Knowledge in various reporting objects such as hierarchies, prompts, parameters, filters, custom calculated items and XML editing in SAS VA is desirable.
- It is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding of or lived experience in the field of disability.
In order to be considered applicants are required to hold an Australian Citizenship and be required to undertake necessary clearance checks.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit an updated copy of your resume in MS Word format by hitting APPLY NOW or call Amy on 02 9200 3671 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.