- Sydney CBD based opportunity with hybrid flexibility
- Initial 3 months ‘contract role
- $420 - $560 per day + super
Our Client is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. They value collaboration, inclusivity, authenticity and accountability - and earn trust by working with integrity and doing the right thing.
An exciting opportunity now exists for an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to join a dynamic and fast-moving environment and support the Corporate Secretariat (Pacific) team to deliver a range of company secretarial services for boards across the Pacific Region.
The Assistant Company Secretary reports to the Corporate Secretary (Pacific) and provides meeting administration and corporate secretarial support to several boards and committees as well as corporate administration support to other Pacific subsidiaries.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage board meetings, including preparation of agendas, minutes, and matters arising.
- Prepare board papers, communications and related activities including researching legal and governance issues, ensuring clarity, legal compliance, and completeness and succinctness of materials provided.
- Engage with internal and external service providers and stakeholders
- Proactively manage calendars of agenda items for the boards.
- Maintain all entity statutory registers and keep the corporate electronic register current.
- Submit regulatory filings for corporate matters eg. Director appointments/resignations, share issuances, statutory accounts, entity registrations / deregistration, etc
- Project manage board and governance related projec
- Support and/or facilitate corporate governance processes including: performance questionnaires, charter reviews, director conflicts of interests, independence assessments, and t
- Operate in accordance with the organisations Risk Management Framework and participate in risk assessments to support the business and Corporate Secretariat
- Co-ordinate responses to queries on Corporate Secretariat-related regulatory matters, processes and timeframes.
- Assist with the compilation of information for APRA Prudential Reviews, and litigation.
- Process all corporate-related expenses by due dates eg. ASIC annual company review fees, director fees, ASIC invoices etc
- Bachelor of Laws or related Bachelor qualifications in a legal / business discipline (preferred).
- Member of the Governance Institute of Australia (preferred).
- Recent experience as an assistant company secretary or company secretary, preferably in a financial services firm (preferred).
- Corporations law knowledge and corporate governance experience.
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite – Excel, Word, Power-point.
- User of Diligent Boardbooks and Blueprint (preferred).
To be eligible it is essential that applicants hold Permanent Residency and hold a current or ability to obtain a National Police Check.
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW with your resume and ‘expression of interest; in MS Word format or call Karen on 02 9200 3677 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.