- Federal Government Opportunity in Sydney CBD
- Initial 12 Month contract with possibility of extension
- $602.55 per day + super
As the Assistant Director of Finance you would be responsible for actively managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships and may be required to represent and negotiate on behalf of our client to advance their interests across a range of forums.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and managing components of the Agency's trial balance using Systems Applications and Products software (SAP), providing monthly and annual reporting in Central Budget Management System (CBMS) to the Department of Finance.
- Administer and maintain management control systems, ensuring data accuracy, integrity and timeliness for reporting and analysis.
- Complete regular software updates, enhancements and modifications.
- Liaising with IT/Shared services on all finance system support and solutions.
- Support Group finance team with their BAU requirements.
- Manage system implementation, integration, migration and other projects as assigned by the Finance Projects & Systems Director.
- Partnering with teams within and external to the branch to provide general accounting and strategic financial advice.
- Managing and maintaining Agency AAIs and other financial policy.
- Developing and presenting a range of written material of a financial and business nature, including correspondence, briefs and reports.
- CA / CPA qualified.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, Commerce, Finance, IT) with more than 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Highly experienced in technical and functional aspects in SAP FI/CO module.
- Strong understanding of integration points in SAP Interfaces and SAP Governance Risk Compliance.
- Good written and oral communications skills with the proven ability to author complex specifications.
- Proven experience in leading process improvement and continuous improvement projects.
- Experience work in a Federal Government finance environment and an advanced understanding of common ERP platforms and experience in system implementation would be desirable
In order to be considered applicants are required to hold an Australian Citizenship and if successful will be required undergo a Federal Government Security Process.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit an updated copy of your resume in MS Word format by hitting APPLY NOW or call Ankita on (02) 9200 3683 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.