- Multiple Federal Government opportunities in Sydney and Newcastle
- 12-month contract
- APS4 $42.54/hour + super
- APS5 $63/hour + super
- APS6 $58.50/hour + super
- APS4 PIA Action Officer
- APS5 FOI Action Officer
- APS6 FOI Delegate
- APS6 PIA Delegate
- Registering and documenting PIA and FOI requests, preparing and distributing PIA and FOI acknowledgement emails.
- Undertaking procedures to assist with creating, processing, and making decisions to ensure all matters are recorded correctly on all databases in accordance with the FOI Act or PIA Scheme.
- Providing administrative support to develop systems, processes and practical tools including training to support FOI and PIA handling and awareness and assisting with IT issues or facilitating IT solutions.
- Assisting with the release and closure of PIA and FOI matters.
- Being responsible for PIA and FOI matters including consulting with relevant line areas, making PIA and FOI decisions and ensuring all matters are recorded and closed correctly on the database.
- Mentoring and supporting, PIA and FOI Action Officers to ensure timely processing of PIA and FOI requests.
- Preparing and contributing to a range of materials including briefing material for Ministers, and supporting the development of systems, processes and practical tools to support PIA and FOI handling and awareness.
- Consulting with relevant line areas and making FOI and PIA decisions on complex and sensitive matters.
- Relevant experience with Freedom of Information and Participant Information Access is highly desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in varied fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- Experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
- It is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding of or lived experience in the field of disability.
In order to be considered applicants are required to hold an Australian Citizenship.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit an updated copy of your resume in MS Word format by hitting APPLY NOW or call Ankita on 02 9200 3683 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.