- Federal Government opportunity in Surry Hills or Newcastle
- 12-month contract with possibility of extension
- APS5 Rate: $55.24/hourly +Super and APS6 Rate: $60.26/hourly +Super
- Australian Citizens are welcome to apply for this role.
DFP Recruitment is seeking Project Officers who will be accountable under limited direction to undertake complex work that is guided by legislation, policies, procedures, standards, methodologies and precedents. You will need to provide detailed technical, professional, policy, operational support and advice in relation to complex problems. You may be required to coordinate and assist in strategic planning, program and project management and policy development.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
• Developing and managing project plans and schedules in accordance with the Agency’s project management framework.
• Providing specialist advice and technical expertise to staff and stakeholders.
• Performing independent research work and analysis including the preparation of draft reports on relevant project activities.
• Coordinating regular project reporting including status updates and exception reports.
• Preparing draft written material including business cases, plans, executive briefs and corporate documentation.
• Monitoring project budgets, review and report on expenditure and assist with procurement and contract management.
• Identifying and assisting with the management of project risks, issues and benefits.
• Contributing to project quality management to ensure that project deliverables are fit for purpose and meet client needs.
Key skills required for role/s:
• Stakeholder management: Ability to influence stakeholders, negotiate outcomes, drive decision making, and manage conflicting or challenging situations.
• Strategic organisation: To prioritise, plan, allocate and action work.
• Administration: Tracking and delivering reports.
Desirable skills to haves for the role/s:
• An understanding of SAP and Salesforce CRM platforms
• Experience in the use of Jira and Confluence
If you are ready to take on a rewarding challenge and contribute to the success of this organisation, we encourage you to click on "apply now" button with your updated CV in MS Word/ reach Madhuri directly at email@example.com / 02 9200 3674.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.