- Federal Government opportunity in Sydney CBD
- 6-month contract
- $650 - $750 per day + super depending on experience
Our client is seeking a Senior IT Support and Test Analyst who will have a thorough understanding of software and hardware technologies used by the Agency to find solutions independently and to make recommendations to senior team members, keeping in mind the importance of business continuity.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Build specialized air-gapped laptops, document, and create standard build for such devices.
- Provide analysis of future cloud sandbox solution working with appropriate internal teams.
- Provide first and second level support to the Agency’s personnel for all IT systems, applications, and hardware.
- Support the maintenance of acceptable technical environments and operational standards for all server equipment and production systems throughout the organisation.
- Responsible for the delivery of projects and tasks leading to technology and process improvements across the Agency, Division, Branch and Team.
- Analyse, document, and recommend improvements for the growth of technology infrastructure and associated systems.
- Support the development and implementation of IT policies, procedures and service level agreements and measures to maintain a high level of infrastructure operations service delivery including those for architecture, disaster recovery, standards, and procurement.
- Provide a broad range of services relating to records and information management across The Agency, driving the implementation of structured digital information management for the Agency.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
- Relevant skills, knowledge and education/qualifications would be highly desirable.
- Security Clearance is preferred but not essential.
To be eligible it is essential that applicants hold Australian Citizenship and successful applicants must be willing to undergo a police check.
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW or call Karen on 02 9200 3677 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.