- Federal Government opportunity in Surry Hills
- Initial 12-month contract with the possibility of extension
- APS5 - $53.63 per hour + super
- APS6 - $58.50 per hour + super
Our client is seeking an APS5 and APS6 Media Officer will help create awareness and build support for the client and the Agency by working with diverse internal and external stakeholders to help deliver a range of communications, media solutions and opportunities.
The APS5 and APS6 Media Officers are responsible for but not limited to:
- Seeking opportunities to promote the Scheme, with a particular focus on finding and telling individual stories about participants.
- Pitching stories and other media opportunities to journalists with a view of landing stories in mainstream media that help build community awareness.
- Managing relationships and building strong networks and connections with internal and external stakeholders, with a focus on journalists, disability service providers.
- Producing media and other communications products, including media releases, talking points, and Social media posts.
- Managing and responding to media enquiries and identifying potential media risks.
- Undertaking a wide variety of general tasks as required, including but not limited to, organising photo shoots, supporting Digital Media video shoots, and providing support for reporting, analytics and presentations.
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment.
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Meeting the personal needs of individuals to build trust, encourage two-way communication, and strengthen relationships.
- Ability to meet and exceed internal or external customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- Engaging individuals and yourself in developing and committing to an action plan that targets specific behaviours, skills, or knowledge needed to ensure performance improvement or prepare for success in new responsibilities
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW, or call Amy on 02 9200 3671 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.