- Federal government opportunity in Sydney CBD
- Initial 12 months Non-ongoing Contract role
- $79,854 - $86,359 + 15.4% Superannuation
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Executive Assistant to provide comprehensive executive assistance to the Executive Director (ED), Approvals & Serious Incidents Notifications (ASIN), to support them day to day to effectively exercise executive leadership and management of their respective sections.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To provide comprehensive executive assistance to the Executive Director and Executive Officer, ensuring that the ED is appropriately briefed and prepared for meetings, has their schedule organised and coordinated to meaningfully contribute to the organisation, and is able to prioritise effectively based on the timeliness and urgency of deliverables.
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Executive Director Office to create, develop and maintain collegial working relationships.
- Provide high-level administrative support - including managing stakeholder requirements and expectations, room bookings and other support needed for meetings, including scribing, as required.
- Extensive diary management to meet business priorities and competing deadlines and assist in the preparation for meetings by understanding the purpose of/and arranging the necessary documents prior to the meeting.
- Management of the Executive Director’s email inbox and regular monitoring.
- Respond to emails/requests on Executive Directors’ behalf. Forward urgent/time-sensitive emails to leadership team members for response in Executive Directors’ absence.
- Conduct research and draft briefings, reports and documents as required.
- Draft procurement documentation for Executive Officer, Executive Director and Commissioner approval. Ensure all policies and processes are followed in the development of documents, including procurement and recruitment activities.
- Develop appropriate systems, procedures and controls to enhance the accuracy, timeliness and presentation of workflow and tasks.
- Organise/schedule and coordinate all travel and conference arrangements and accommodation for the Executive Director and manage supporting documentation
- Create/update organisation charts (including FTE count) for ASIN and its teams.
- Manage and reconcile Executive Director’s expenses using TechnologyOne (TechOne).
- Demonstrated organisational skills at a high level to provide day-to-day administrative support to Executives.
- Knowledge, or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the role and functions of the organisation to support business priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in productive partnership to optimise performance and achieve business results.
- Ability to work with broad supervision, and to identify priorities to meet competing deadlines.
- Effective written communication skills, including the ability to draft various forms of documents and correspondence, and concisely summarise information.
- Ability to communicate with influence and work collaboratively to resolve complex issues.
- Previous experience proving high-level support to Executive Director
- Previous experience in a government or similar administrative setting
To be eligible it is essential that applicants hold Australian Citizenship and hold a current or ability to obtain a National Police Check.
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW with your resume and ‘expression of interest; in MS Word format or call Karen on 02 9200 3677 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.