- 12-month contract with possibility of extension
- Federal Government Opportunity
- $600-$900 per day
This Government agency are looking to engage a skilled Senior Data Analyst to work in a digital transformation program to make Government services simple, quick, and personalised. This is a program to deliver a whole-of-government digital platform transformation.
The position will focus on understanding how people use services, and how that differs from how the services are designed. This will then provide insights and context to government teams and equip them with the knowledge for deliver better outcomes for their users.
The Role Requirements
Working as part of a team to combine quantitative and qualitative (research) data to deliver a comprehensive view of service delivery by:
- Using cloud-based tools, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and MS Suite for the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports for the various stakeholders.
- Demonstrates skills in SQL server reporting services, Salesforce, analysis services, Tableau, or any other data visualisation tools.
- Working with Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Apache Spark, MapReduce, NoSQL and other similar tools such as XML/JSON.
- Research and data analysis, drawing actionable insights form raw data and information to help further the business’s cause.
- Statistical and econometric modelling, performing quantitative analysis, and technological data mining and analysis techniques.
- Draw reports for the executives, management, and key stakeholders. That are clear, convincing, informative, engaging, unambiguous, and uniquely tailored to suit different audiences. Provide support to Tech teams in managing security mechanisms and data access governance.
- Develop business solutions through the constant modification of the existing business intelligence solutions.
- Establish appreciation and adherence to the principles of data quality management, including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Minimum of 5 years in a data analyst position
- Experience as a Data Analyst in a fast-paced and dynamic business setting with industry experience in R, Python, SAS, including SQL/PL SQL and other database management tools, is highly desirable.
- Utilise programmatic and quantitative methods to identify patterns and relationships in large data sets, as well as apply mathematical, statistical, and other data-driven analysis to address intelligence questions.
- Provide high level advanced triage support to stakeholders, business partners, and product teams in managing specific issue resolution activities.
- Analyse, interpret & present complex concepts and information to varied and frequently non data specialist audiences in a simple and succinct way.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain Baseline clearance Please click "Apply Now" to submit your application or call Karen on 02 9200 3677
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.