- Business Modernisation program
- Ability to obtain NV1 Clearance
- Long contract opportunity
- Location Canberra based.
Our government, a large federal government body, aims to modernise business capabilities by addressing legacy ICT systems, enhancing efficiency, and reducing technical duplication and complexity. Through the identification and replacement of outdated components, the program seeks to streamline the technical infrastructure and improve overall system performance.
The Midrange Developer role is pivotal in driving effective enterprise change, ensuring a seamless integration of modernised capabilities to support the organisation's business and strategic objectives. The Midrange Applications Developer assists the Team Leader in the daily development, maintenance, enhancement, and support of applications within the ICT environment.
- Apply expertise to enhance and improve existing software, including designing, developing, implementing and testing software systems, in line with business requirements and software development standard.
- Address errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Perform revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Provide a high standard of technical and design documentation.
- Contribute to project progress reporting and comply with governance processes.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures
- Hands-on experience in crafting and developing software solutions utilizing Ingres ABF (4GL) and SQL.
- Experience in C Script and Embeded coding, Linux Shell Script and SQL.
- Competence and experience in effectively establishing priorities and delivering high-quality results within specified timelines and budget constraints.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate adeptly, anticipating the needs and expectations of stakeholders within a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical skills, including the ability to suggest and facilitate changes, and actively contribute to strategies for business improvement.
- Exhibited personal integrity while achieving results within the confines of legislative and policy parameters.
- Knowledge of, or ability to, quickly gain knowledge of the Commonwealth frameworks, including ICT frameworks.
The closing date for this role is on 30 January 24.
If you are ready to take on a rewarding challenge and contribute to the success of this organisation, we encourage you to click on "apply now" button with your updated CV in MS Word/ reach me directly at email@example.com / call me on 02 9200 3674.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.