- Sydney Location (On-site)
- $101,000 + super
- CCNA certification required
Opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest international banking organisations for an up-and-coming Network Engineer!
Bring your outstanding communication and people skills along with stellar technical abilities in Cisco networking and accelerate your career!
We are looking for a keen and passionate professional who wants to expand their knowledge and will enjoy the technical challenges that this dynamic environment will provide.
The job includes performing routine installation, monitoring and 1st/2nd level troubleshooting on data network, communication equipment, and voice related systems to maintain continuous availability to meet businesses requirements. This resource will also be working closely with Network integration and 3rd level Network Operations Support team.
Your Responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Implement on-site first and second level problem determination and if possible, on site fault correction by providing the necessary field changes, and/or parts/equipment replacement for voice, network, and data communication facilities of in-house users.
- Conduct post-repair installation checks on relevant telecom hardware and facilities to ensure safety and conformance to prescribed CTI standards
- Provide technical support / coordination / supervision to external installation requirements for special projects, activities, unforeseen events, and contingencies that need to be addressed for the interests of the bank.
- Complete morning checks for overnight VT alerts and notify local business where applicable.
- Participate in 24x7 rotating support roster.
- Review PTT notification alerts for planned outages and notify local business to determine impact
- Support power maintenance (Scheduled & emergency) for all Australia/New Zealand branches and campus sites
- Comply with the ethical standards, procedure, and legislation in the Customer Code of Conduct requirements
You will have:
- Bachelor of Computer or Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- CCNA certification with future aspirations to achieve CCNP and beyond
- Strong network analysis and troubleshooting skill.
- Hands-on experience in network deployment, configuration, and testing.
- Knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Riverbed and F5 network hardware, software, technologies, analysers, and routing protocols.
- Experienced in VoIP and MPLS deployment would be preferable.
- Medium to large scale network deployment, relocation and troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of industrial IS security trending
- Well-developed project planning, coordination, and scheduling skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quality, Service and Achievement oriented
- Ability to multi-task & prepared to work flexible hours
- At least 2-4 years of relevant experience in a global financial organisation or outsourcing company.
- Previous experience in Institutional Banking support would be an advantage.
Applicants are required to hold Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residence. If you feel this role is suite to your skills and experience, hit ‘Apply Now’ to submit your resume. Or contact Nicole on 0400 66 053 for further information
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.