- Negotiable daily rate
- Long 12 month contract with multiple potential 12 month extensions
- Federal Government opportunity located in Perth
- NV1 Security Clearance preferred, although the client will sponsor this if you are HIGHLY suitable
DFP Recruitment are assisting our Federal Government client, an independent statutory agency responsible for welfare payments for Australians living with disabilities. We are seeking the experience of multiple Regional Security Advisor's to join the team. The APS6 Regional Security Advisor position is a team membership position that may be required to perform work that involves team leadership and management responsibilities requiring the setting of priorities and managing workflows of a team. The position has reasonable autonomy and accountability to exercise both initiative and judgement to interpret legislation and policy, in the application of practices and procedures to achieve outcomes within the functions.
As this role is with a Federal Government Agency, applicants are required to be Australian Citizens.
The APS6 Regional Security Advisor will provide detailed technical, professional, policy, operational support and advice in relation to complex problems. It may be required to coordinate and assist in the strategic planning, program and project management and policy development. The role will have a considerable level of public contact in relation to complex, difficult or sensitive issues. It may liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders in a representational role on behalf of the branch/division.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting site managers and staff to understand and fulfil their security responsibilities and obligations.
- Providing protective security advice to the Agency, including strategic partners in the community.
- Assisting in the development, maintenance and review of protective security policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and reporting on compliance with mandatory security framework requirements.
- Preparing, monitoring and reviewing security plans, site security reviews and risk assessments.
- Assisting in the continuous improvement of the agencies security culture through the development and delivery of training, awareness and education programs.
- Actively contributing to the Protective Security Teams (PST) management of agency security operations, overseeing security maintenance programs, troubleshooting and rectifying security system faults and issues where required.
- Obtaining metrics and providing reporting in support of managing Agency security risks.
- Assisting in the management of Security, Emergency Management and Incident reporting protocols for the Agency.
- Demonstrated experience in Australian Government Protective Security environments.
- Working in and/or developing, implementing and monitoring the completion of assurance programs to ensure compliance with Whole of Government security policies.
- Ability to obtain, hold and maintain a NEGATIVE VETTING 1 (Secret) security clearance.
*Cover letter needs to address the above and would be beneficial to answer as many Desirable Criteria.
- A Certificate IV in Government Security or relevant qualification or job experience in Australian Government Protective Security.
- Provide authoritative security advice to inform, raise awareness, train, compliance and project designs and planning.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to liaise with various levels of stakeholders in relation to complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining productive relationships with external and internal stakeholders at all levels.
- The role is not uniquely tied to Information Technology and Cyber Security but an understanding/background would be beneficial
Applicants will need to be Australian Citizens to be considered for this role.
To apply please click on apply now and follow the prompts, please ensure your CV is in a word format and you include a cover letter addressing your suitability. Base this suitability on the above essential criteria, if you do not meet this essential critiera you will not be suitable for this position. Please note applications close on the 5/08/2022 9am. If you are reading this advert after the closing date, I would still suggest applying as this position can become available again in the future and we will contact you.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.