- Initial Contract for 5 months with 6 months extension on offer.
- Location Canberra /Remote (Occasional Travel).
- Full work rights are considered to apply.
- Part time option available.
Our Commonwealth Client responsible for the management of a portfolio of terrestrial and marine protected areas proclaimed under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity, seeks an experienced Ruby Developer. The role is based in the Canberra Office and hybrid working or remote will be considered.
Position starts February 2024 to June 2024 with 6 months extension on offer. All Applicants must hold valid working rights.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Biodiversity Informatics team to extend an existing Rails application to support entry and updating of additional data types.
- Deliver an updated data entry interface for the creation & maintenance of taxonomic & descriptive information about Australia's unique plants, animals, fungi and other living things.
- Technical design, development, implementation, and maintenance of large and complex applications.
Required Capabilities :
- Demonstrated prior experience developing high quality online interfaces for data entry and update using the Rails framework.
- Excellent technical skills including some or all of: Rails, Ruby, Postgresql, JQuery, Bootstrap, Minitest, Git, AWS hosting, Jenkins.
- Ability to work productively in a small team environment. Willing to explain, listen and discuss code and tasks. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience or interest in working with biological taxonomy data.
If this role aligns with your skills and aspirations, apply now with your updated resume and a cover letter for immediate consideration. Please note that only candidates meeting the specified criteria will be contacted.
Your interest in the position is greatly appreciated. For further information, please contact Madhuri 02 9200 3674 or email : email@example.com
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.