- Multiple Federal Government opportunities in Parramatta
- 12-month contract
- $42.54 per hour + super
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Triage, acknowledge and act as a centralised point of contact for internal review of access decisions requests.
- Assist the development and implementation of efficient internal review work practices and provide content for resources.
- Educate internal and external stakeholders around the approved internal review of access decision business processes and respective responsibilities.
- Provide administrative support to the Internal Review Business Team and provide a coordinated response to requests for internal review alongside concurrent complaints.
- Monitor and track requests for review, outcomes, identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Manipulate and present data to contribute to the development of reports.
- Ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- Ability to synthesise and analyse information and make decisions.
- Experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
- It is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding of or lived experience in the field of disability.
In order to be considered applicants are required to hold an Australian Citizenship.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit an updated copy of your resume in MS Word format by hitting APPLY NOW or call Amy on 02 9200 3671 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.