- Federal Government opportunity in Sydney
- Initial 12-month contract with the possibility of extension
- APS6 - $60 per hour + super
- EL1 - $600 per day + super
Responsibilities for the Service Designers will include but are not be limited to:
- Creating and documenting a baseline understanding of the current state service by employing design research to identify current business processes, as well as both staff and participant experience.
- Creating and facilitating process design improvements by conducting business and systems process analysis and producing required analysis documentation.
- Ensuring that the end-to-end service experience is based around participant and staff need, in line with the Digital Service Standard and is consistent for all users across different touchpoints.
- Providing expertise and supporting the product owner to elaborate user stories, acceptance criteria and process maps.
- Providing assistance to the product owner with the use of system tools.
- Experience in creating and facilitating process design improvements and documenting current business processes.
- Experience in facilitating design-thinking sessions with service users to design and test the future service (processes, channels and experiences).
- Understanding of evaluating the effectiveness of proposed solutions and design at conceptual and tactical levels.
- Salesforce experience and prior knowledge and experience in disability and public sector is desirable.
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary teams across varied skillsets on large projects
- Experience in delivering service design blueprints and associated deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working with a service industry, with an end user process
To be eligible it is essential that applicants hold Australian Citizenship and will undergo a police background check prior to commencement.
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW, or call Amy on 02 9200 3671 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.