- Federal government opportunity in Sydney CBD
- 12-month contract
- $900-$1000 per day + Super (depending on experience)
Our client is seeking a EL1 IT Business Analyst to be accountable under broad direction to perform very complex work that provides detailed technical and professional business analysis, system analysis, and design changes that align with the vision and strategic direction of the Agency.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Apply a highly developed specialist, professional, technical and business analytical knowledge to the development of gap analysis and business process design; working closely with identified work areas in the Agency to identify, interpret and document business and system requirements including project constraints, risks, assumptions and dependencies.
- Accountable for the achievement of own and team outcomes, monitoring progress and following through to ensure the delivery of quality outcomes including managing competing priorities to develop and complete the following business analytical activities
- Accountable to lead the analysis of business needs across a complex portfolio of new and existing Agency initiatives;
- Plan, direct and monitor work progress, setting performance indicators and identifying variance to requirements; actively encourage and gain cooperation with relevant Agency internal and external stakeholders to ensure their understanding of and compliance with approved technical and business requirements.
- Perform work with a focus on research, business analysis and judgement to manage very complex issues that are often complicated and made up of several components which have to be analysed and assessed
- Facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders, using feedback to assess and promote understanding of the need for future changes
- Prior experience as an IT Business Analyst in a government or private sector.
- Capabilities to perform very complex work that provides detailed technical and professional business analysis, system analysis, and design changes.
- Prior experience in documenting project briefs, business requirements, traceability matrix and technical specifications.
To be eligible it is essential that applicants hold Australian Citizenship and will undergo a police background check prior to commencement.
If you are interested in this role, please do APPLY NOW or call Karen on 02 9200 3677 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.