- Multiple Federal Government opportunities in Surry Hills
- 18-month contract
- Salary dependant on applicant
The EL1 Assistant Director Risk (Project Specialist) will assist the Agency in the successful delivery of its material projects, ensuring the application of sound risk management practices and compliance with Commonwealth policies and governance requirements. The role will provide specialist advice on delivery and delivered risks, and applicable fraud and compliance enhancement opportunities.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Providing specialist risk advice to bespoke and interdependent projects and programs within the Agency, covering project delivery, technology and operational risks with consideration of cross project interdependencies.
- Reviewing and providing specialist risk input on documentation including project briefs, design specifications and artefacts to ensure appropriate identification and consideration of related risks.
- Assisting with the sufficient identification, assessment and validation of key risks, issues, controls and treatment plans throughout the project and/or program lifecycle.
- Guiding the capture of risk data into project and program risk registers, monitoring and analysing trends, reporting insights and escalating issues.
- Advising interdependent projects and programs within the Agency on the implementation and utilisation of the Agency’s project risk management approach, and advocacy of the Agency’s project risk management system.
- 5+ years or more experience in risk management disciplines in either operational, or project delivery environments
- 5+ years of more experience in project management disciplines and or delivery teams disciplines
- Proven effective collaborator by successfully working with cross functional teams
- System and process – oriented mindset that can help process simplification and improvement
- Analytical and data driven – to analyse trends and insights
- Problem solving mindset to navigate complex situations
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of cross functional teams
In order to be considered applicants are required to hold an Australian Citizenship.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit an updated copy of your resume in MS Word format by hitting APPLY NOW or call Ankita on 02 9200 3683 for more information
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.