- Federal Government opportunity in Sydney CBD
- EL1 12 Month Federal Government Contract
- $580 - $700 per day + super depending on experience
As a Cloud Application Engineer you will analyse how well software, hardware and the wider IT system fit the business needs of the agency and its partner organisations.
You will also support the team when writing requirements for new systems, be responsible for key configuration and deployment tasks during implementation and be involved in the ongoing monitoring of systems once delivered into production.
Your Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Maintaining, upgrading and patching existing systems as required.
- Producing specifications for new or modified systems.
- Implementing new systems and applications based on industry best practices.
- Configuring applications to use the enterprise authentication system.
- Migrating systems from on-premises environments to the cloud.
- Examining current systems and making suggestions on efficiencies and improvement areas.
- Ensuring that systems meet accessibility expectations, identify improvements and leverage relationships with vendors to improve the user experience.
- Collaborating with Business Analysts, Project Leads and IT team to resolve issues and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent.
- Creating system guidelines and manuals for the organisation.
- Ensuring that the systems are good value for money and deliver on their intended purpose.
- Work with vendors and stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes for the agency.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- A computer science, information management systems, or other ICT related tertiary qualification.
- Experience migrating systems and applications to the cloud for a large organisation.
- Experience investigating and resolving technical issues identified in ICT systems.
- Experience using git and Terraform (or other IaC tooling) to manage infrastructure as code.
- Experience configuring cloud security access management for technologies like AWS IAM.
- Experience delivering, maintaining, updating and changing enterprise systems that have a high organisational change impact.
- Demonstrated experience configuring and managing security conscious applications that adhere to security best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, especially whilst working in a geographically distributed team.
As this role sits within the Federal Government applicants must hold Australian Citizenship.
If this sounds like the role for you please submit your updated resume by hitting APPLY NOW or contact Ankita on (02) 9200 3683 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.