- APS3 Business Support (Participant Support) Officer
We are seeking enthusiastic and professional Business Support Officers to join the team within a Federal Government Agency based in Traralgon and Bairnsdale. This is a 10-month contract paying $37.36 per hour and will be an equivalent APS3 level.
As the Business Support Officer, you will assist customers in a face-to-face environment by answering enquiries, booking appointments, making assessments on eligibility for payments and undertaking processing and system entry activities related to a customer’s needs. In addition, you will provide general administrative support to the wider team.
You will handle a wide range of matters regarding eligibility, participation and ongoing access to payments and services for participants.
- Managing and resolving participant matters by actioning planning tasks in line with relevant legislation
- Providing counter support for the local office including participant enquiries in the self-help kiosks and online platforms
- Resolving customer enquiries, providing information and/or referring customers to appropriate government or community services
- Managing the team shared email inbox, appointments and telephone enquiries
- Coordinating appoints with the use of Agency office facilities
- Undertaking research and investigation activities and preparing associated reports and correspondence
As the Business Support Officer, you will present with a high level of personal resilience and the ability to deal with emotional and challenging customer circumstances and high workload demands. This role will involve liaising with participants on a face to face basis and at times, delivering difficult news / handling challenging conversations.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have proven experience within a customer service environment, ideally within a government setting.
In addition, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Advanced MS Office Suite
- Office Support/Administration (minimum of 2 years)
- Strong Customer Service experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- A high attention to detail
- Having a strong interest or previous experience with the Disability Sector would be an advantage.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW or call DFP on (03) 5176 3140 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.