- Attractive hourly rate - up to $65 per hour + super
- Located in Brisbane
- Great leadership, great culture!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a supportive team & provide a service to staff members.
As a Social Worker, some of your duties will include:
- Support staff when having to conduct difficult conversations with clients by telephone.
- Run skills development sessions in both individual and small groups including, but not limited to:
- Dealing with stress and anxiety
- Anger management
- Managing difficult clients
- Responding to clients with mental health impairments
- Assertiveness skills
- Develop and maintain effective communication and strong working relationships with a variety of business groups across the Department.
- Collect and catalogue quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate trends, effectiveness of supports provided and external support referrals.
- Participation in, and contribution to, ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
- Qualifications must be that of an Accredited Social Worker or Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Social workers must be registered with the AASW
- An Australian Citizenship, with ideally a current National Police Clearance
- An attractive hourly rate of up $65 per hour + super
- Monday to Friday - Business Hours
- 12 months with a view to extend up to 2 years
To express your interest in this position please follow the link to Apply Now and submit your application immediately as this is an urgent need or give Mel Ireland a call on 0406 436 464 for a confidential discussion.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.