- Multiple upcoming Federal Government opportunity in Burwood
- Initial 12 contract with possibility of extension
- $36.27 per hour + super
They are seeking enthusiastic and professional Front of House Officers to join their team within a Federal Government Agency based in Burwood for upcoming roles. These role will be on a contract basis and will be an equivalent APS3 level.
As a Participant Support Officer, you will assist customers in a face-to-face environment by answering enquiries, booking appointments, making assessments on eligibility for payments and undertaking processing and system entry activities related to a customer’s needs. In addition, you will provide general administrative support to the wider team.
You will handle a wide range of matters regarding eligibility, participation and ongoing access to payments and services for participants.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Managing and resolving participant matters by actioning planning tasks in line with relevant legislation
- Providing counter support for the local office including participant enquiries in the self-help kiosks and online platforms
- Resolving customer enquiries, providing information and/or referring customers to appropriate government or community services
- Managing the team shared email inbox, appointments and telephone enquiries
- Coordinating appoints with the use of Agency office facilities
- Undertaking research and investigation activities and preparing associated reports and correspondence
You will present with a high level of personal resilience and the ability to deal with emotional and challenging customer circumstances and high workload demands. This role will involve liaising with participants on a face-to-face basis and at times, delivering difficult news/handling challenging conversations.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have proven experience within a customer service environment, ideally within a Government or Health setting. In addition, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Advanced MS Office Suite
- Office Support/Administration (minimum of 2 years)
- Strong Customer Service experience and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships both with stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills and a high attention to detail
- Having a strong interest or previous experience with the Disability Sector would be an advantage.
In order to be considered applicants are required to hold an Australian Citizenship and if successful will be required undergo a Federal Government Security Process.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit an updated copy of your resume in MS Word format by hitting APPLY NOW or call Amy on (02) 9200 3671 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.